Search This Blog

06 July 2010

Designing the Sandugo Trade Fair Poster

I have done three designs already for the yearly Sandugo Trade Fair initiated by the Department of Trade and Industry (DTI) starting from 2008.

Since DTI is a government entity, time element and budget are almost always the critical factors that sometimes hinders me in making the designs. More often, they will just give me a week or two to do my stuff with very limited resources including pictures, copy and anything financial. Sometimes, I have to design more, gratis.

This year, I have made six studies so far only to be rejected because they could not see my "artistic ability" on them. Meaning, my works lack character and vibes. Maybe because I was moving house and has not settled in yet and problems regarding piracy in the office has kept us all designers in a limbo.

After a brief "scold" from the DTI Director, they finally agreed on the seventh study I made overnight.

Just making all the samples made me sleep only two hours (the most) a day for three days..



Meanwhile, these were the materials I designed for Sandugo Regional OTOP Trade Fair (2009). I searched the designs I did in 2008 but to my dismay I could no longer find them.

2 comments:

  1. nice one dik. was with nanette when they were talking about this materials fusion thing. so do i get a price for this first comment?

    ReplyDelete