Search This Blog

06 December 2010

Cheap is cheap: packaging and your color choice

I had a client who insisted that I chose my own color for their product packaging. I made several trips to the market to test which one is the right color for them. After several studies and one final offset printing, I was shocked that they secretly made their own version after the printed materials have been depleted by printing them on plain paper using their inkjet printers. What a shame.

I wonder how could entrepreneurs not see the importance of good packaging for a return of investments. The green you want might not become the green when you print them on your inkjet printer. It tells you how cheap you are. Imagine how would consumers react to your expensive product when the packaging labels suddenly run on sweaty hands. Eww.

Still it is worth to note that colors affect our buying skills.

Anyways, as to colors and consumers, the following illustration from KISSmetrics says it all. This is worth the read. So entrepreneurs out there, take note of this-


For a bigger and more readable version, please click on this link .

No comments:

Post a Comment